va careegiver

Discussion in 'Forum Rules' started by Isaac Cortes, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Isaac Cortes

Isaac Cortes Newbie

My husband was at tier 2 and during the time his ptsd improve. however it reverted back to severe and the va caregiver program reduce him to minimum tier. They is evident in his psy medical note that he has worsen but his psy doctor wrote a very different self assessment without even talking to him nor me his wife of his current condition. Can I put in an appeal and add on the va notes supporting documents as proof. Also he increase his medication for night mire and mood swing.

2. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

Does your husband have the Aid and Attendance benefit? It sounds to me like this is another benefit you are talking about?

3. Isaac Cortes

Isaac Cortes Newbie

No! Im his caregiver. This program has been inexistence for several years. It for the post 911 veterans who suffers from PTSD.plans are in motion to extend it to all veterans of different war era. The va caregiver program has a stipend payment for taking care of the veterans.

4. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

Isaac, I'm sorry, but this forum is mostly for questions pertaining to the Aid and Attendance pension benefit. For your questions regarding the VA Caregiver program for post-9/11 vets, I would look at this page on the VA website. I just did a quick search on Google.

http://www.caregiver.va.gov/support/support_benefits.asp