More financial questions

Discussion in 'Expenses' started by eifan115, May 10, 2016.

1. eifan115

eifan115 Newbie

In section VIII, I am claiming my mother's social security and her pension from my father's work as her monthly income. She only has the 2 sources.

Do I need to reenter these same amounts under section IX as expected income for the next 12 months also? There are spaces for other expected income. I don't want it to look like she has 4 sources of income.

2. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

eifan115,

As long as you show that the social security and pension are ongoing income sources than the VA should understand that they are technically "future" sources of money as well. But no, I would not recommend putting them in the section IX sources of expected income a second time.

3. eifan115

eifan115 Newbie

Thank you Kaylin. Also, should my cover letter be sent in on form 21-4138 (statement in support of claim) or be a separate document?

Would you recommend also sending in the form on determining countable income? Don't know if it's required or just a tool to help figure things out.

4. Kaylin

eifan115,

The countable income form is more of just a tool. You can certainly send it in, but the VA will most likely not look at it or use it for determining the award.

As for the cover letter, we have a great example here of what the cover letter could say. These cover letters shared on the forums by other members who have had success getting the benefit for their loved one have been most helpful to many! I would make the cover letter a separate sheet of plain paper to attach on the front of the application packet.
    http://www.veteranaid.org/forums/in...lication-to-award-in-6-weeks.3046/#post-12517

5. eifan115

eifan115 Newbie

Thanks again! I have copied the cover letter posted here by others and it was a great help!
    I'm so ready to be done with all this.
    I'll probably have a few more questions as it gets nearer but I hope to get it all in the mail by May 18.
    Could not have gotten even this far without all the help so thanks again for your patience!

6. Kaylin

You are most welcome! Happy to help. :)

7. rohit sharma

rohit sharma Newbie

Hi, I searched a lot, but could not find my question related thread. So, I am asking here. I feel sorry if I have made a mistake here.

I am running a small time online business in the name of muteyaar from home and I put a monthly rent for the premises. Is that Ok? Can I add the rent in the business account books for that? Any help will be highly appreciated.
    thanks.

8. Kaylin

I'm not sure what your question is. There are no business account books that would be needed to apply for the A&A benefit. If you could explain better maybe I could help.