A and A denied

Discussion in 'Expenses' started by drdrizzy13, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Bevy

Bevy Newbie

Never mind, read up the thread. Will try to get him to pay by check.

Kaylin likes this.
  2. Kaylin

Kaylin Hero Member Staff Member

You need to get him to pay them with checks for any sort of caregiving. That's the only way it can be tracked and proven to the VA that he is paying for care.

3. Matt375

Matt375 Newbie

There is an Attendant Affidavit Form that can be used to report how much is paid to a caregiver. I will upload the form in my post. I have used this many times in filing for Pensions for veterans and spouses. If anyone has any questions about this form please let me know.

Attached Files:

Kaylin likes this.
  4. J. Martinez

J. Martinez Newbie

That affidavit form you attached appears to be an outdated one. I got a different one from the VA but I need a blank copy (messed up the original one). I have been trying to get the form online and cannot come up with it no matter how hard I have tried.

5. Matt375

Matt375 Newbie

The VA has never given me any problems with that form. I have been using it for the past 4 years. Per the M21-1MR the VA must take a form even if it is outdated.

6. chrstna446

chrstna446 Newbie

Is this form used in lieu of a Caregiver's Agreement?

7. J. Martinez

J. Martinez Newbie

That's good to know. How many days, months, years, etc. of employment is the VA looking for on that form? Is one year of pay sufficient to provide?

Kaylin likes this.
  8. Kaylin

Yes, yearly or monthly pay should be fine.

9. Matt375

Matt375 Newbie

J. Martinez You would fill out the block of when the caregiver was first employed but I usually list the amount paid to the caregiver either monthly or annually so it doesn't confuse the VA.

Kaylin likes this.
  10. J. Martinez

J. Martinez Newbie

Kaylin, since my mom's caregivers work different hours sometimes, I cannot put a per day/week/month/year amount. Can I write in "hourly" on the Attendant Affidavit form and put the amount per hour? Will that be acceptable?

Kaylin likes this.
  11. Matt375

Matt375 Newbie

J. Martinez you could report the average monthly amount. Otherwise the VA will have some difficulty annualizing the amounts if they vary that much.

Kaylin likes this.
  12. Kaylin

Like Matt375 said, you can put the average amount. That might be best.